Fifth Sunday after Pentecost (Exaudi Domine)
The Fifth Sunday after Pentecost (Exaudi Domine)
INTROIT Ps. 26:7-9
Hear, O Lord, my voice with which I have cried to Thee, be Thou my helper, forsake me not, do not Thou despise me, O God, my Savior.
Ps. 26:1. The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?
See the Chant Blogspot for more commentary on today’s introit: http://chantblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/exaudi-domine-introit-for-11th-sunday.html
At St. Mary Magdalen chapel, we are using Missa VIII for the Mass Ordinary with Credo 3. Listed today are the choral selections which our choir will sing for this Sunday’s liturgy – The Fifth Sunday after Pentecost 2017:
- Eternal Monarch King Most High
- Languentibus in Purgatorio
- Adoramus te Christe (Dubois)
- Ave Vera Virginitas
- Praise to the Lord, the Almighty
Organ selections include:
- Widmann: Adagio (Link to score at IMSLP)
- I Am His, and He Is Mine – based on “Everlasting Love” by James Mountain
- Haydn: Lord of Love Unfailing – arr. Ellen Jane Lorenz
- Blake: Always Remember Me
- Pachelbel: Magnificat Fugue I.16 (Link to score at IMSLP)
Recommended listening for the week: Buxtehude Organ Works II (Opera Omnia IV), played by Tom Koopman – available from the Azure Hills store on Amazon.
Choir direction by Andrew Petracca at St. Mary Magdelen Catholic Church, Camarillo, California. Traditional Latin Mass.
Latest updates from the TLM community in Camarillo California found at the following link: http://tlm-smm.blogspot.com/
Arthur Dobrucki, CAGO
Azure Hills Music